I thought I would make this picture for you of some of the cubby holes next to my workspace. I'm trying to get organised but I have far more than I can store sensibly right now – I need to get some paper drawers, for example.
So anyway, in each section there are:
1. admin ringbinders and a few small board canvases.
2. A3, A4 and A5 pads of paper in different kinds – watercolour, bristol board, sketchbooks, cartridge, strathmore and others. I also have some shelves piled high with many other kinds of paper and in larger sizes that don't fit here or are in loose packs.
3. a dwindling supply of small cardboard mounts – need to get more asap! Clear bags for the artwork in different sizes are stored flat on a shelf.
4. random sewing and textile stuff that has crept into my art room - more boxes where that came from!
5. more admin (mainly from my days as a book editor), sketchbooks and art books.
6. a pile of coloured and pastel pencils in boxes, with two zipped cases of brushes at the side and an alphabet stamp set and inkpad on the top.
7. random coloured pencils, a stack of watercolour brushes, random non-arty pencils and pens, and a mug full of fine-tip permanent pens. Masking fluid, sandpaper, sharpener, blu-tac and cotton buds.
8. Helix sharpener, pastel pencil sharpener and clutch-pencil sharpener, various inks, three boxes of watercolour pans (and a travelling watercolour set in the darkness at the back). Also a conté set (one of a few I have). (Sketching sets also lie randomly around my house as I can't stop buying them.)
9. larger brushes, and boxes of oil paints and accessories, and a boxful of acrylic paints.
In the drawers are various other bits of stationery, extra pencils and eraser refills etc, washi tape, and various graphite leads and charcoals.
On the desk are graphite pencils and associated tools that I use.
Elsewhere are the tools for monoprinting and for basic lino-cutting, a desktop easel, a box easel, and a floor easel. Various tubs of emulsion tester pots, a radio, packing and postage materials and a cat bed. I have an essential folder of things I need for sending out artwork, such as labels and swing tags.
I think I'm addicted to art supplies! Please visit my Facebook page as well as here if you want to follow what I actually do with all of it. :)